Game Analysis: Avarik Saga
19 Jan 2023
6 min read
● Avarik Saga is a strategic team-building game where players start their journey with 3 Avarik Saga NFTs to explore dungeon raids, battle other players, faction wards, collect resources, and many more. The game beta testing takes place in the first quarter of 2022.
● Each Avarik Saga Hero is unique. The overall Avarik Saga population is distinguished by different types of rarity and is strictly limited to 8,888 generative personas. The utility of Heroes is determined by their usefulness in battle, which leads to the distribution of statistics, abilities, and resources needed in Avarik Saga. A Hero's utility is determined by their class, weapons, and intrinsic stats.
● For each Avarik Saga NFT that you hold will earn approximately 3 $VORTEM per day. You can claim your $VORTEM tokens once the game is officially launched.
● In February 2022, Avarik Saga launched the mini-game to the public to showcase the proof of concept within just a few months post mint. The Top 100 players participating in the mini-game will have their names etched on the wall of fame and will get special rewards.
● In Q1 2022, Avarik Saga announced that 8888 genesis NFTs sold out.
● In Q1 2022, Avarik Saga gained 825 new users from 28 different countries, with the majority coming from Indonesia, the United States, Canada, and Singapore. On average, its users spend 56 minutes per session.
● In September 2022, Avarik Saga was selected as 1 out of 50 rising startups in SEA on Tech in Asia.
● Currently, Avarik Saga is working on supporting features outside of the game, such as store feature, $AVRK staking, marketplace feature, and recruiting feature.
● Over the past quarters, the Avarik Saga team has been working endlessly to get Avarik Saga known to potential KOLs, partners, and in the blockchain space. Apart from investors, Avarik Saga has made strategic partnerships with top exchanges, companies, guilds, and KOLs, including Tokocrypto, Ismaya, EVOS, RRQ, Janji Jiwa, Good Games Guild, YGGSEA, Play it Forward, PathDAO, IndiGG, and SnackClub.
● At the time of writing, Avarik Saga has 44.1K followers on Twitter, 4.3K followers on Instagram, and 13.2K members on Discord.
● Avarik Saga has hosted multiple community-led activities to keep them engaged and updated with the progress, including AMA sessions, Dungeon Wars, Avarik Saga Seasons Invitational, Spring Pre-Season Invitational, Whitelist Giveaways, and so on.
Avarik Saga is a strategic team-building game with nostalgic JRPG feels that come to life. Players start their journey with 3 Avarik Saga NFTs to explore dungeon raids, battle other players, faction wards, collect resources, and many more. Avarik Saga is a metaverse where blockchain-based game converges with art in a creative space community. Each Avarik Saga Hero is unique. The overall Avarik Saga population is distinguished by different types of rarity and is strictly limited to 8,888 generative personas. The utility of Heroes is determined by their usefulness in battle, which leads to the distribution of statistics, abilities, and resources needed in Avarik Saga. A Hero's utility is determined by their class, weapons, and intrinsic stats. The game beta testing takes place in the first quarter of 2022.
Players could earn more if they can build a team synergistic in skills and traits that can work well together as a team. Legendary characters may be strong as an individual, but as they delve deeper into the game, the synergy and compatibility of each character are what matter most.
Avarik Saga is a turn-based RPG game where the goal is to eliminate all enemies with a team of 3 Avarik Heroes. Players must build a team of 3 Avarik Heroes to maximize the chance of victory in battles is very critical. The recruiting mechanism will allow the player to have a chance to gain access to new skills in the future. With each turn, a player must strategically utilize their hero's skills. Each skill will have a level that can be upgraded using the $VORTEM token gained from playing the game to ensure the players have a chance to strengthen their heroes
Heroes earn your merits! Get your $VORTEM token by winning in-game battles regularly.
—PvE (Player versus Environment)
Embark on a journey with a team of 3 Avariks to fight against enemies and bosses that are filled with treasures full of $VORTEM and ingredients.
—Casual PvP (Player versus Player)
Heroes, face off with Avarik’s renowned warriors prepared with the best composition, strategies, and skills. For each battle, you will be rewarded with $VORTEM to grow your heroes even stronger.
—MMR (Match Making Rating) PvP (Player versus Player)
Earn your ranks by winning battles and get matched against Heroes of similar rank. Rise through the MMR to gain honor and make your name on the leaderboard with special rewards such as $AVRK tokens in addition to $VORTEM rewards.
—Multiparty PvE (Player versus Environment)
Form parties and team up with your trusted comrades in the fight against the most dangerous bosses! Get rare ingredient drops and a treasure full of $VORTEM from your battle raid.
Finish the campaign story and stay up to date with each expansion. You will be rewarded with rare ingredients and $VORTEM.
Conquer the Faction War to lead your faction to victory and earn legendary rewards to upgrade your weapons, armor, and skills in addition to the treasure box of $AVRK and $VORTEM for your heroes.
There are 3 classes in the universe of Avarik Saga. Each class holds a unique strength and weakness in the game that molds the battleground for heroes to require strategic prowess and a hint of luck to achieve glory.
Pledging their allegiance to the faction, Knights have survived lethal battles and weathered the worst of storms in this dark world of indulgence, oppression, and vengeance.
Notorious as the embodiment of magic, Wizards dedicate their entire lives to the pursuit of arcane knowledge and mastery to remain superior in this murky realm of the greedy and the wicked.
Fighting the wars unseen from afar and always plotting devious schemes, the Marksmen of Avarik are a snarky, cunning bunch who never miss their godly aim.
There are 4 rarities of NFTs in the universe of Avarik Saga: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Legendary. The rarity influences 3 key principles in the game with higher rarity giving bigger boosts in the 3 key principles:
● Basic stats of Avarik NFT in the game
● Skillset the Avarik NFT holds in the game
● Recruiting success rate
Each Avarik Saga Hero is unique. The overall Avarik Saga population is distinguished by different types of rarity and is strictly limited to 8,888 generative personas. The utility of Heroes is determined by their usefulness in battle, which leads to the distribution of statistics, abilities, and resources needed in Avarik Saga. A Hero's utility is determined by their class, weapons, and intrinsic stats. For example, due to rarity restrictions, a Hero can hold specific weapons and armor, which increases the drive to recruit specific classes while also burning the utility token to drive stability.
Weapons and armors hold rarities similar to the model for Avarik Heroes themselves. There are 4 rarities for weapons and armor. The rarity influences 2 key principles in the game:
▪ Greater base stats on the weapon and armor
▪ Enhances the skill power of both active and passive skills of the Hero
$VORTEM is the major fuel of Avarik Saga's internal economy. $VORTEM is the in-game currency that is required for upgrading weapons and armor, recruiting, and purchasing ingredients, and will be burned after using it. The main way to earn $VORTEM is by playing the game through the different battle modes from PvE to PvP.
$VORTEM is used for:
● Recruiting fee of new Avariks
● Upgrading the skill points of an Avarik (phase 2)
● Upgrading the weapon and armor stats of an Avarik (phase 2)
● Purchasing in-game ingredients used in upgrading weapons and armors (phase 2)
There are 3 ways to gain $VORTEM tokens:
● Playing the Game
● Buying $VORTEM tokens directly from various exchanges (TBD)
$AVRK is the governance token and will be developed as an ERC 20 governance token for Avarik Saga Universe, focusing on giving back to our players. In contrast to the $VORTEM token, which has an unlimited supply, $AVRK will have a maximum supply of 500 Million. With the purpose of governance tokens focusing on redistributing the value within the ecosystem, Avarik Saga will aspire to align the incentives between the Avarik Heroes and the core development team to continuously develop an enjoyable game.
$AVRK is used for:
● Recruiting fee of new Avariks
● Monetization of appointment model to reduce the time of upgrades, recruiting, etc*
● $AVRK token will act as a transaction fee on the marketplace
● Gives voting rights on how the Avarik Saga Universe's path similar to a stock
There are 3 ways to gain $AVRK tokens:
● Staking rewards when staking the $AVRK Token
● Rewards through playing the game
● Participate in governance votes to drive the game forward
The recruiting system is key to producing new Avarik NFTs that can be used in battle or exchanged in the Marketplace. The rarity of the new Avarik NFT will be based on a recruiting model that takes into account the recruit limit, rarity, and skill traits. The requirements that are needed for recruiting are:
● Must have 2 Avarik NFT, both Male & Female.
● The cost to recruit will vary based on the number of times the Avarik has been recruited and will require a number of the in-game currency ($VORTEM).
● The Avarik Saga Governance Token ($AVRK) will be required as part of the recruitment fee (Phase 2).
● The team is setting up a model to decide on the duration of recruiting with a chance to lower the duration through in-game rewards such as recruiting stones and scrolls.
The $VORTEM token is the major currency for recruiting new Avariks. The cost to recruit ($VORTEM) will rise every time you recruit more. This is calculated based on the recruit count of the parent's Avarik.
Each Avarik NFT in the staking smart contracts will earn 3 $VORTEM per day.
Tokocrypto is the biggest crypto exchange in Indonesia founded in 2017. They currently have more than 2 million users in Indonesia and have an annual trading volume of USD 191 million as of 2021. Tokocrypto will help with the initial token listing during its IDO.
Ismaya is a market leader in developing and operating various lounges and music festivals in Indonesia. It currently has over 60 properties consisting of lounges, restaurants, bars, and festival experiences. They will help in potentially providing offline utility to Avarik Saga holders.
EVOS is the only esports team that spans South East Asia (“SEA”), with regional teams in Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore. Their teams’ success is largely due to covering internationally renowned games such as Mobile Legend (MPL & M1), ROV, Wildrift (Windrift SEA regionals), Free Fire (Free Fire Worlds), and PUBGM. They currently have over 7 million Instagram followers.
RRQ is a professional esports team that was established in 2013 with a vision of being the biggest esports organization in South East Asia. Now, RRQ has eight teams in six game divisions, from mobile, and PC to console gaming, and has won more than 250 tournaments nationally and internationally.
Janji Jiwa is one of the biggest grab-and-go coffee chains in Indonesia with more than 900 outlets across 100 cities in Indonesia. On average, they sell about 3 million cups of coffee per month in 2021. The Avarik Saga team is in talks of a potential partnership in the coming months.
Good Games Guild (GGG) is a Gaming Hub that aims to create the largest virtual world economy by optimizing its owned assets to get maximum reward generated.
Yield Guild Games Southeast Asia (YGGSEA) is a Play to Earn Global Community that helps people make real money from playing NFT games like Axie Infinity and earn blockchain-based economies. They currently have 2000 scholars in their community.
Play it Forward is a DAO making P2E more accessible — building a Plug-and-Play ecosystem across SaaS platforms and large guilds. Creating seamless access for gamers, managers, investors, enthusiasts, and opening up new opportunities in the blockchain game industry for aspiring participants.
PathDAO is a community-first, decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) that creates value for investors and players in the growing blockchain metaverse (game + social + NFTs).
IndiGG is a Sub-DAO of Yield Guild Games (YGG) being built in association with Polygon to create a Play-to-Earn gaming hub within India. IndiGG is building a platform where gamers will discover the future of gaming and embark on a journey into virtual worlds to create economic opportunities for all participants.
SnackClub is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) that purchases non-fungible tokens in the gaming metaverse.
Having extensive experience across diverse sectors such as management consulting (Boston Consulting Group), E-commerce (Zalora), venture capital (East Ventures), and capital market has led Kevin to truly find his passion point – blockchain technology, credited particularly to the high exposure to this industry during his time in venture capital.
A serial entrepreneur based in Jakarta. His background as founder & CEO of Antikode (digital experience design & development agency) and Monstore (art & lifestyle brand) led him to explore deeper on NFT space, which essentially combines two of his interest, technology & art.
Kyuwon Kim (Sean)
A graduate of Carnegie Mellon University with a degree in Business Technology and Information Systems, Sean worked in various industries as a digital transformation consultant (Gartner), data scientist (Merck), and leading the strategy team (JANDI) for Korea's biggest collaboration platform.
Khun Ling Tan
Serial tech entrepreneur with a strong sense of business knowledge in various fields of industries. Specialized in decentralized blockchains applications development such as smart contract development, smart contract auditing, NFT launch, and NFT marketplace.
Having experienced working as Director in an IT and ERP consulting firm (Falinwa), Senior Product Manager in Beauty Tech Ecommerce (Sociolla), and currently becoming an NFT enthusiast, he is learning a lot of aspects, possibilities, and potential of blockchain especially in Crypto and NFT.
A Concept Artist and Art Director based in Jakarta. Having an extensive background in the Animation, Gaming, & Advertising industry, Joel has worked on projects as an Animation Art Director (Plentis Kentus), Game Concept Artist (Coral Island & Zona Reality), and Advertisement Lead Artist (Koko Krunch). Most of his recent projects revolve around the NFT space (Block Monsters & Avarik Saga).
At the time of writing, Avarik Saga has 44.1K followers on Twitter, 4.3K followers on Instagram, and 13.2K members on Discord. The team responds quite quickly on Discord to questions and problems raised by the community.
Avarik Saga has the typical Discord channel discussions around gameplay, lore, announcement, news, roadmap, game update, dungeon, leaderboard, market, feedback, support, and suggestions. Members from non-English countries are also accepted and given their respective channels for an international chat. In addition, there are community channels for giveaways, chatting, and sharing experience.
Furthermore, Avarik Saga has hosted multiple community-led activities to keep them engaged and updated with the progress, including AMA sessions, Dungeon Wars, Avarik Saga Seasons Invitational, Spring Pre-Season Invitational, Whitelist Giveaways, and so on.