Game Analysis: Chain of Alliance
20 Jan 2023
4 min read
● Chain of Alliance is RPG Gaming Multiverse where you can battle against other players, customize and level up characters, earn and collect NFTs. The core of this game is on developing, customizing, enhancing, and owning your own characters, from multiple species, classes, and loot.
● You need three characters to play the game. Battles are turn-based and players can control their characters on a tile-based map. The order in which characters are going to take their turns is shown on the left side of the screen. Playing the game PVP/PVE modes lead to the players' overall progression, improving their characters and unlocking new content.
● Chain of Alliance Public testnet is open to everyone since the 30th of March 2022. Participants were able to win an Exclusive Badge of Alliance NFT which will provide huge benefits to their owners in the CoA Multiverse.
● Players can now download the new testnet build of Chain of Alliance on Google Play. It is available on mobile android and can be accessed by the NFT Badge of Alliance holders.
● Character NFTs are unique as they are being created by using various Fragment NFTs for the torso, head, arms, and legs of the character
● Most of the LAND within Chain of Alliance is player-owned. As the game matures more and more building options will be available for landowners to utilize their LAND and earn $COA tokens from players renting these facilities.
● The native token of Chain of Alliance, COA, offers in-game functionality and is the main currency for the marketplace. By holding $COA, the owner is eligible to vote on decisions that influence the game.
● In January 2022, Chain of Alliance closed a 2.4M USD seed investment round led by Animoca Brands and Spartan Group. The round was also joined by investors both from the blockchain and gaming industry, including Overwolf, Coin 98, Dialectic, Chromia, Kyros Ventures, ICO Drops, Kyber Network, ZBS Capital, Ex Network Capital, and others.
● Chain of Alliance also has some strong relationships with top Blockchain Games such as Sandbox, My Neighbor Alice, Mines of Dalarnia, etc.
● At the time of writing, Chain of Alliance has 33.8K followers on Twitter, 21.4K members on Discord, and 1.9K followers on Medium
Chain of Alliance is a fully on-chain role-playing and strategy game in a fantasy/science fiction scenario with NFTs, where players with their party of adventurers can combat other players’ party or AI-controlled monsters for loot and experience points to enhance and develop their very own individual heroes. The core of this game is on developing, customizing, enhancing, and owning your own characters, from multiple species, classes, and loot.
The players of Chain of Alliance have full control over their progress, assets, and the future of the game. All characters are represented as non-fungible tokens and the progress is stored on the blockchain. The game and all game modes are smart contracts defining the game logic which makes all decisions verifiable and traceable by the players. Once the game has matured, new game content, character models, and components need to be approved by the community first before being deployed.
You need three characters to play the game for now, which you can create in the Builder. With the first log in each player receives 10 rewards per body part and for weapons to build their first characters.
Players can use their characters in different kinds of PVP Game Modes to progress within the game. Initially, CoA will introduce a turn-based, strategy, and tactic-focused game mode but will add more game modes with additional updates. Since the battles are turn-based, players can control their characters on a tile-based map. The order in which characters are going to take their turns is shown on the left side of the
screen. Playing the game PVP/PVE modes lead to the players' overall progression, improving their characters and unlocking new content.
Players can choose to move a character, attack an opponent or use a skill. If a player chooses to only move a character they have to confirm the turn afterward by clicking the WAIT button. This results in skipping the timer for the active turn. Otherwise, both players have to wait for the timer to run out. If a player does not use any commands until the timer runs out, his turn will end automatically.
The game goal is to defeat the other player’s characters and be victorious. After each match players receive experience points for their characters and new body parts to build characters out of it. Once a character levels up, players can improve that character's attributes in the CHARACTER screen.
Character NFTs are unique as they are being created by using various Fragment NFTs for the torso, head, arms, and legs of the character. These characters can be equipped with different kinds of gear, can be assigned to a specific class such as hunter, fighter, or mage with a set of improvable jobs, and can be leveled up by playing the game.
Most of the LAND within Chain of Alliance is player-owned. Landlords are landowners that purchased land during land sales. At the launch of the game, Landlords will be able to create Arenas that allow players to participate in PVP Matches for Experience Points and Rewards. Land Management will be an important part of the Landlords’ experience. The better-managed land is, the more interesting a Landlord’s Arena is for players to use. Chain of Alliance’s team will add more use cases for land at a later stage of development fully utilizing the On-Chain RPG Multiverse that the game can offer.
—Badge of Alliance
Badge of Alliance NFT acts as a membership pass to the game with multiple perks in the ecosystem. With the Badge of Alliance, you will get access to exclusive NFT sales.
$COA is the native token of the Chain of Alliance. It offers in-game functionality and is the main currency for the marketplace where players can trade character fragments, whole characters, blueprints, and resources. The marketplace itself will take a transaction fee of $COA for each transaction. Additionally, it is used as a governance token to let holders vote on decisions regarding the Chain of Alliance.
By holding $COA, the owner is eligible to vote on decisions that influence the game. $COA holders can create and vote on proposals that affect attributes of character fragments and weapons, as well as the latter’s special abilities. This allows the ones who play the game to identify unfair advantages by certain characters and fix them autonomously without a centralized authority. Besides, $COA holders can also vote for the proposal of marketplace taxes and the character pool.
There is a fixed supply of COA tokens: the total supply is 2,000,000,000 COA.
• 20% of the token will be used for private sale. There are two rounds of the sale.
• 7% of the token will be used for liquidity support after listing.
• 20% of the token will be used for various ecosystem-building initiatives, incentive programs, and game development.
• 20% of the token will be used to incentivize those players who earn tokens by participating in competitions and other activities in the game. This design is to encourage user participation in the game and to maintain traction.
• 15% of the token is allocated to founding and non-founding members for long-term incentives.
• 3% of the token will be used to onboard valuable advisors to the project.
• 5% of the token will be used for community and marketing.
• 10% of the token will be reserved for the foundation.
Chain of Alliance closed a 2.4M USD seed investment round led by Animoca Brands and Spartan Group. The round was also joined by investors both from the blockchain and gaming industry, including Overwolf, Coin 98, Dialectic, Chromia, Kyros Ventures, ICO Drops, Kyber Network, ZBS Capital, Ex Network Capital, and others. Chain of Alliance also has some strong relationships with top Blockchain Games such as Sandbox, My Neighbor Alice, Mines of Dalarnia, etc.
Simon and Dennis: Founders and leads of the game and blockchain development. They are indie game developers that are very passionate about blockchain and have known each other for years as they both graduated with a degree in distributed systems from Hamburg, Germany. After discovering Chromia about three years ago, they have independently developed the open-source C#, unity, and Dart SDK for their ecosystem. During that time, they became experts in Chromia’s smart contract language Rell and are actively developing Chromia’s NFT protocol Chromia Originals.
Robert: Game Producer, Robert has been working in the Traditional Games Industry as a Producer and Product Manager for more than a decade and started working on blockchain games almost two years ago. His primary experience comes from developing, designing, and managing free-to-play games for PC, browser, and mobile.
Matej: Marketing Manager, Matej has been in the games industry for nine years. He is a true mobile marketing enthusiast. He develops multi-channel acquisition strategies and marketing campaigns that are designed to drive the overall growth of the partners. He has been helping several talented developers across the globe with multi-channel user acquisition strategies, soft launch and global launch planning, and general marketing/business advisory for more than five years. In his career, he was able to globally launch 28 games while spending ~25 Million EUR profitably. Joined the crew as a Marketing Manager.
Noam: is an early participant in the Chromia ecosystem, and she has been following the Chain of Alliance since the project went live; she now helps coordinate with partners and helps manage the marketing side.
At the time of writing, Chain of Alliance has 33.8K followers on Twitter, 21.4K members on Discord, and 1.9K followers on Medium. The team responds quite quickly on Discord to questions and problems raised by the community.
Chain of Alliance has the typical Discord channel discussions around gameplay, announcement, publications, price talk, market analyses, FAQs, guides, devs updates, supports, reports, and feedback. Members from non-English countries are also accepted and given their respective channels for an international chat. In addition, there are also many fun channels for sharing memes, videos, designs, art, painting, or anything creative related to Chain of Alliance.