Game Analysis: HappyLand
24 Jan 2023
6 min read
● HappyLand is a farming Play-to-Earn game developed by Tazogames studio in combination with the blockchain platform. In addition to planting and harvesting, players need to find the best strategy to improve their yield capacity, players need to plan meticulously, and be mindful of their plants/livestock.
● Due to its connection to the Blockchain network, all items on Happyland have a real monetary value. Each item has their own value, rarity, and uniqueness. Each item on Happyland can be considered as a virtual asset, it can be traded on the NFT marketplace.
● To start the journey as a HappyLand farmer, you’ll need to stock up on funds including $HPL and $HPW tokens to buy materials and cultivate your farm, as well as purchase your first plot of land. There are five land types in HappyLand with its own benefits; Highland, Valley, Woodland, Meadow, and Euphoria.
● In November 2021, HappyLand successfully raised $2.97 million in a private funding round co-led by AU21 Capital and HC Labs of HC Capital. The round, which was finalized prior to the HPL token sale on December 8, 2021, was joined by AU21, HC Capital, ZBS Capital, Banter Capital, Kryptos Fund, Netvrk , Kyber Ventures, Kyros Ventures, Gains Associates, GoodGamesGuild, Maven Capital and SMO Capital.
● In November 2021, The Arcadia Group issued an audit report on HappyLand’s smart contract.
● As of 31st January 2022, HappyLand Mainnet is officially available for everyone to start building the perfect farm on the metaverse.
● Players with many land plots but little time or skill to cultivate them can become a landlord and rent their lands to other players to farm on them as tenants. Both can earn plenty from a mutually beneficial commission system.
● The ecosystem has a feature called HappyLand Guild Management system that allows Guild Master who are part of a Happy Farm to manage all members and operations effectively. The system will help assign NFT to scholars, track performance and automatically distribute rewards to scholars.
● At the time of writing, HappyLand has 122.6K followers on Twitter, 37.5K members on Discord, 62.5K members on Telegram, and 1,3K subscriber on YouTube.
HappyLand is an online game developed by Tazogames studio in combination with the Blockchain platform. It is a game that gives players the power to progress in digital agriculture and its design is inspired by the Texas countryside. It is a metaverse where gamers, investors, and crypto enthusiasts have the opportunity to become farm owners, sow their seeds, and harvest their yield. It is where players have the power to get unlimited earnings. Through that, each player helps build a combined metaverse with many various farms and each with its own style.
HappyLand aims to put the game industry and blockchain to a higher level by providing users with real financial/economic benefits along with entertainment and a smooth gameplay experience. HappyLand is not only a game that players spend time planting and harvesting. Players need to find the best strategy to improve their yield capacity, players need to plan meticulously, and be mindful of their plants/livestock.
When starting HappyLand, players initially have 1 house and storage area, players have to buy a segment of land that contains soil in order to plant their seed and grow their cattle. The soil is purchased using $HPL. They can buy land through HappyLand shops or through trading with other players on HappyLand Marketplace.
In the beginning, forestry plants will appear readily on the player's map. Players have to spend tokens and time in order to harvest the forestry plants. After harvesting the forestry plants successfully, players receive experience points and receive randomly different types of wood classified based on their rarity (R1 -> R5).
Forestry plants will appear on the player’s map for a limited amount of time, the maximum number of plants players can collect within 24 hours is 5 trees (this can vary depending on the stage of the game).
Players first purchase seed with the in-game token in order to plant, each type of seed gives a different plant. Depending on the method of cultivation and the rarity of the soil different yields are produced. The time of harvest depends on the player's choice of seed.
In the case where players plant but do not care for their plants or they do not harvest them on time, the plants would wither and die. The life cycle of seeds is depicted below.
In HappyLand, include all traditional animals on a farm; these can include cows, pigs, and chicken. Livestock in HappyLand go through a process similar to plants, there are 3 stages for growing cattle: newborn => development => fully grown. In each stage, they would have different forms and shapes.
Each animal would produce a different kind of animal product. For example, chickens produce eggs, cows produce milk, and sheep produce wool. These animals can be used to make other items within the HappyLand metaverse.
Players need to attain a certain amount of wood in order to unlock the factory. When unlocked, there would need to be a certain amount of time before the factory is unlocked. The length of building the factory depends on the level and type of construction. Players can speed up the building process by spending tokens.
At Techlab, players can combine different seeds to make a different seed in order to produce a completely new strain. Seeds that are produced in the Techlab would have a higher rarity and also are more valuable. As players progress through the game they will unlock newer seeds when they combine them with other types of seeds.
After items are collected, players can use them to create different seeds and create different mutations. These different mutations can have a higher rarity and can have higher yields that are more valuable. However, combining seeds in HappyLand is also similar to real life, not all attempts to mutate seeds will lead to success. All are random. Apart from experimenting with different kinds of seeds, players can also experiment with animals or with soil/land in order to create various different animals/soil with higher rarity.
Pets not only serve as a decoration for the farm, but they also serve other vital functions as well, these include; guarding against thieves and increasing the yield of cattle.
In HappyLand, each season lasts 1 week (168 hours) compare to the real season.
• Day 1 to 7 is spring - Sunny weather with a higher chance of rain, springtime is an ideal condition for the cultivation of plants
• Day 8 to 14 is summer - Dry weather, plants, and water need more water to grow. There is a higher chance of storms.
• Day 15 to 21 is autumn - Cool weather, high chance of hail, storm, and strong rain
• Day 22 to 28 is winter - Cold weather, you can only grow specific types of plants during this weather, snowing also causes the yield to decrease
The price of products will change depending on the season. For example, watermelons will have a higher price in winter since it’s a summer fruit. However, growing watermelons in the winter season will yield less produce than in the summer.
There will be an in-game system providing weather forecasts for 2 days at a time (today and tomorrow) with ~80% accuracy. Here are the types of weather you can experience. different weather will have different effects:
The effects of weather on different plants
The decorations items are used to decorate and beautify the farm. Not only that, some decoration items also increase the chance of success in breeding and planting. In order to acquire decoration items, players need to buy packages of decoration items or buy pre-made construction items inside the game. Players can also breed in order to unlock other construction items.
If players have little time to care for their farms they can hire external workers to help care for their farms. There are two types of workers breeders and planters:
1. Breeders: responsible for taking care of animals on the farm
2. Planters: responsible for taking care of plants such as watering, catch worm or chase away crows The level of care for your plants/cattle depends on the level of workers.
Players do not have to pay when renting workers. To rent a worker, players just need to have a ticket. Tickets can be earned via playing a mini-game in HappyLand, or through gift code which is determined by the organizers.
Players can rent workers by day, for example 1 day or 3 days, the maximum time that players can rent a worker per time is 7 days, after renting time is expired, the worker is returned to the store automatically. The number of workers in HappyLand is limited, and players are only allowed to rent if there is a free worker in the store.
When using workers on their farm, players have to share a part of their harvest to the worker. The profit is both in HPW and HPL, and is immediately deducted from their reward pouch. In case there is not enough token in their reward account, the system will still deduct the profit.
Information about the types of workers
Due to its connection to the Blockchain network, all items on HappyLand have a real monetary value. Each item has its own value, rarity, and uniqueness. Each item on HappyLand can be considered a virtual asset, it can be traded on the NFT marketplace. On top of the player's financial needs, HappyLand also care about the player's experience when playing the game. Players have the chance to immerse themselves in HappyLand, raise plants/cattle, and decorate/customize their farm.
Land is NFTs in HappyLand, just like real-life properties in different locations, which determines the price of land. There are five land types in HappyLand; Highland, Valley, Woodland, Meadow, and Euphoria.
If you have many land plots but little time or skill to cultivate them, you can become a landlord and rent your lands to other skilled players to farm on them as tenants. Both can earn plenty from a mutually beneficial commission system. There is a transaction fee of 5% which is used for token burning. After the renting time ends, the landlord will receive their land back, including all the plants, animals, and products currently on it. There is no limit on the number of lands you can rent out, nor is there any limit on how long the renting time needs to be.
—Guild Management System
HappyLand Guild Management system is a comprehensive Scholar management system for Guilds, which are called Happy Farms on HappyLand. It allows HappyLand users who are part of a Happy Farms to manage all members and operations effectively. The key features of the Guild Management System are:
• Assign NFTs to scholars
• Control commission for scholars
• Track performance of scholars
• Guild Masters can claim and automatically distribute rewards to scholars
An account needs to have 25 lands to set up the Guild Master Account. You have to register a new account for this because you cannot use an existing HappyLand game account as a Guild Master account. Top-ups are made by the Guild Master and are deducted from the Guild Master account. When Scholars earn in-game, HappyLand will automatically distribute earnings daily to the Guild Master and Scholars according to the commission set up.
To ensure the sustainability & scalability of the ecosystem, HappyLand will be built on a dual-token strategy. The two tokens will be $HPL and $HPW.
$HPW is the main utility token in HappyLand. It is used for payments in almost every in-game activity. $HPW is also the main rewarding token users will receive. There will be a fair launch for $HPW and users can buy in on DEX such as Pancakeswap. Every HPW trading transaction on PancakeSwap will have a 4% tax for burning.
There will be mini-games in HappyLand to help burn HPW tokens. To encourage early supporters of HappyLand, for an initial period of the first 2 weeks after the game launch, game rewards can be claimed to wallets once every 2-day. After the initial period for early supporters, the time between rewards claims will be increased to reduce selling pressure.
$HPL is the governance token that holders of HPL can vote for ecosystem development and governance once the whole ecosystem becomes fully community-driven. In HappyLand, players need to use HPL to buy/deploy plots for lands. To keep liquidation high and transactions easy to come through has a 2% fee per transaction when buying/selling on DEX: This 2% consists of 0.5% for direct burning, 0.5% for staking reward funds and 1% for liquidity.
The two token model have the following purposes:
• To reward players for interacting with HappyLand while incentivizing them to utilize tokens for transaction, so as to create an internal circulating economy.
• To decentralize the ownership and governance of Land.
Partners & Investors
In November 2021, HappyLand announced the closing of its private round co-led by AU21 Capital and HC Labs of HC Capital. The round, which was finalised prior to the HPL token sale on December 8 2021, was joined by AU21,HC Capital, ZBS Capital, Banter Capital, Kryptos Fund, Netvrk , Kyber Ventures, Kyros Ventures, Gains Associates, GoodGamesGuild, Maven Capital and SMO Capital.
HappyLand is progressing an exclusive experience by combining NFTs, blockchain mechanics, metaverse technology with traditional farmland management inside the game. The project has early support and encouragement from expert advisors: Stani Kulechov (Founder and CEO of Aave), Santiago R (an investor focusing on the Intersection of Defi and the Web3 metaverse), Kieran Warwick (Co-founder and CEO of Illuvium), Kenzi Wang (Co-founder of AU21 Capital and Cere Network).
At the time of writing, HappyLand has 122.6K followers on Twitter, 37.5K members on Discord, 62.5K members on Telegram, and 1.3K subscribers on YouTube. The team responds quite quickly on Discord to questions and problems raised by the community.
HappyLand has the typical Discord channel discussions around gameplay, announcement, leaderboard, game ideas, testnet, staking, price discussion and report bug/scammer. Members from non-English countries are also accepted and given their respective channels for an international chat. In addition, there are fun channels for memes, artwork, and a voice channel for members to build a good fellowship.
Furthermore, HappyLand concentrates on interacting with the community, including hosting AMA, giveaways, and holding many special events and championships. There are also community streams that are great for players to socialize and share their experiences playing HappyLand.