Game Analysis: KOF Arena
08 Feb 2023
5 min read
● KOF ARENA (The King of Fighters ARENA) is an action-oriented real-time online PvP game based on The King of Fighters series by SNK and developed by a reputable gaming company from South Korea, Netmarble. Players can enjoy battles and have the opportunity to earn tokens as well.
● here are two different ways to enjoy these real-time battles: 1vs1 mode (traditional battle between two players with 3 fighters each) and 3vs3 mode (each player picks a fighter of their choice to participate in a 6-person battle).
● The King of Fighters ARENA is based on a season system with Tiers and Grades. At the end of the Season, a reward will be given depending on your place Tier and Grade.
● You are able to enjoy the game for free. But to have the ability to earn, you have to obtain the Controller, an NFT item that allows Play-and-Earn gameplay. Controllers are divided into 5 different Grades that will determine the Attribute of the Controller.
● Besides the Controller, there exists a Fighter Card NFT which its owners can receive various benefits.
● The King of Fighters ARENA has currencies for trades and in-app purchases, namely, FCT, FM, Diamond, Black Diamond, Mystic Cube, and MBX. Each currency can be used for fighter upgrades, product purchases, and/or currency exchange commissions.
● KOF ARENA has partnered with numerous gaming guilds, both large and small.
● At the time of writing, KOF ARENA has 15.4K followers on Twitter, 42.8K members on Discord, 11.3K followers on Facebook, and 8,3K subscribers on YouTube.
KOF ARENA (The King of Fighters ARENA) is Netmarble’s action-oriented real-time online PvP game based on The King of Fighters series by SNK. The King of Fighters fans all around the world will get to battle against each other for victory. Since KOF ARENA runs around a fighting game-based blockchain, players can enjoy battles and have the opportunity to earn tokens as well. Challengers can receive rewards by playing The King of Fighters ARENA on the blockchain and exchanging the rewards for tokens. The development team will do its utmost best to maintain a suitable environment for the players to enjoy the game and gather stable NFTs under a stable blockchain system.
As one of SNK’s top IPs, The King of Fighters holds numerous fans all over the world with its focus on battle arena fighting systems. By implementing blockchain technology into the game, the team has created a gaming environment where players can also profit from playing. In addition, for those of us who aren’t familiar with or have a difficult time enjoying the battles, the game has added an “Own to Earn” system to profit from the game regardless of playing actual matches
The King of Fighters ARENA’s main focus is on the real-time battle between players.There are two different ways to enjoy these real-time battles.
—1 vs 1 Mode
The traditional 1 vs 1 match mode is the same as the original The King of Fighters IP. Each player can form a team of 3 fighters third within a set time without any restrictions. Both players can choose the same fighters and if all 3 fighters are not chosen by the end of the time limit, then the game will be dodged. Once both players have chosen their fighters, the players will then choose which fighter goes first, second, and third. If the orders are undecided by the end of the time limit, then the fighters will enter the battle in order from top to bottom of the list.
The player who wins 2 battles out of 3 will win the match. Players will get to enjoy the battles like before in the original IP.
—3 vs 3Mode
This mode requires 6 players to choose a single fighter each and choose the order in which they battle in a 3 vs 3 matches.In this mode, the player who survives a match continues on to the next battle.Thus, either one player could potentially be the hero in the team and defeat all the opposing team’s fighters or be the last man standing to hold the ground and turn the game around.
For fair matches, players are assigned to teams based on their League Points to lessen the skill gap between players.
The King of Fighters ARENA is based on a season system with Tiers and Grades depending on your win/loss rate during the season.You can check the current Season and progress by clicking on the [Season] menu in the bottom left corner of the Main Screen. Before the start of the next Season, a Pre-season will begin.The Tier and Grade earned during the Pre-season will not count towards your placement in the regular Season.
At the end of the Season, a reward will be given depending on your place Tier and Grade.The Tier and Grade you placed at the end of the Season will determine your starting Tier and Grade for the next Season.Season Rewards will be sent to your Mailbox at the end of the Pre-season.After the Pre-season ends, the Rewards will be sent out at the beginning of the regular Season
The controller is a very valuable NFT in The King of Fighters ARENA that adds value to gameplay and allows for a better gaming experience. This itemallows P&E (Play and Earn) gameplay.You are able to enjoy the game without a Controller; however, mining will not be available.
Controllers are obtained through the following methods:
· Opening the Controller Boxes purchased from the NFT Exchange Shop
· Minting 2 level 5 Controllers to obtain a new Controller Box
· Purchasing an already opened Controller from another player in the NFT Exchange Shop
Due to its importance, the number of Controllers in circulation must be regulated. For this reason, the team will issue 100,000 amounts for the initial Genesis Controllers.The value of the Genesis Controller is set as $160.
Controllers are divided into 5 different Grades: Common / Uncommon / Rare / Epic / Legendary. Controllers’ Grades and Levels will determine the Attributes. The Attributes can be increased by inserting Gems into the designated sockets within the Controller.
Controller Attributes Min/Max
The amount of Controllers you own and the Grades of the Controllers will determine your Energy. 1 Energy is used up after playing a match with a Controller connected. If all of your Energy is depleted, then you can no longer earn FM and Mystery Boxes after matches. Your depleted Energy will gradually recharge after a certain amount of time. 25% of Energy will be recharged every 6 hours until it reaches maximum Energy.
When you level up a Controller, you can then increase the Attributes, Mint, and unlock the Sockets. When leveling up a Controller, a certain amount of time and FM are required. If you wish to level up immediately, then you can spend Black Diamonds.
In The King of Fighters ARENA, there exists a Fighter Card NFT. Fighter Card owners can receive various benefits.
Fighter Cards are obtained through the following methods:
· Fighter Cards are Minted by the developer, and players can purchase them through INO (Initial NFT Offering) from MARBLEX or through the Marketplace.
· Each fighter has a different amount of FM available for mining, so the purchasing options and prices will vary depending on the actual mining amount of the players.
· The Fighter Card Promotions from the MARBLEX INO and Marketplace will take place after the game’s Grand Launch and the schedule will be released afterward, as well.
A total of 64 NFTs will be issued per fighter, and the number of NFTs issued according to the Fighter Card grade and the reward share distribution ratio per NFT are as follows.When a new fighter enters the King of Fighters ARENA, the Fighter Card is also newly minted and provided to players.
$FCT (Fighters' Club Token) is The King of Fighters ARENA’s utility token that is used on the MARBLEX platform. Users can exchange FM (Fight Money) obtained from The King of Fighters ARENA to FCT and freely use the FCT outside of the game (save, trade, sell, and purchase). There will be an initial issuance of 1,000,000,000 FCT. If the KOF ARENA’s economy needs to be expanded in scope, then additional FCT may be issued as needed to grow KOF ARENA’s economy.
FCT use plans can be broadly broken up into 4 categories: in-game
distribution, marketing, operations, and platform fees.
$FM (Fight Money) is a currency that you can acquire in the game.FM can be obtained by playing matches with a Controller connected. $FM used for Fighter Mastery upgrade, Controller Level Up, Durability Fix, Socket Unlock, and Minting.
Besides $FCT and $FM, there are other currencies for trades and in-app purchases.
At the time of writing, KOF ARENA has 15.4K followers on Twitter, 42.8K members on Discord, 11.3K followers on Facebook, and 8,3K subscribers on YouTube. The team responds quite quickly on Discordto questions and problems raised by the community.
KOF ARENA has the typical Discord channel discussions around gameplay, announcements, event notifications, game updates, bug reports, feedback, and reviews. Members from non-English countries are also accepted and given their respective channels for an international chat. In addition, there are also many fun channels for sharing content such as videos, designs, art, painting, or anything creative related to KOF ARENA.
| Website |Facebook |Twitter |Discord |YouTube |