Game Analysis: Sidus Heroes
16 Feb 2023
6 min read
● SIDUS Heroes is an AAA-level RPG game based on blockchain and crypto philosophy. The public beta was launched on January 23rd, 2022.
● SIDUS Heroes combines the strongest aspect of traditional (high-quality immersive graphics, well-thought-out gaming scenarios/interactions, and low entry point) and blockchain (NFTization of in-game items, token-based economic system, Play-to-Earn model, and DAO community) gaming.
● SIDUS Heroes is a complex game where you need at least 1 NFT. At the moment, the game has one game mode - Battle Arena. Battles take the form of 3-vs-3, turn-based combat. By winning battles, players accumulate points and rise in the ratings. At the end of the fighting season, the Heroes with the highest ratings are rewarded with loot boxes containing exclusive content that they can use to upgrade their Heroes or sell in the marketplace.
● In February 2022, SIDUS Heroes has raised $21 million in its seed, private, and public funding rounds with Animoca Brands as its lead investor with Alameda Research, Bloktopia, OKEX, Polygon, Master Ventures, and other companies participating.
● All in-game items (Heroes, pets, spaceships, weapons, etc.) are represented as NFTs and remain in the player's possession. Only NFT holders have access to the metaverse, are able to fight in Arenas, can exercise power in the Council, can instigate level-ups and enjoy farming loot boxes with exclusive drops, while enjoying many other benefits.
● Modules are at the heart of the SIDUS in-game economy and introduce a completely new economic model into gaming. This new and unique crowd investment development ensures the future functionality of the project. The game will feature several modules that will be essential to the gameplay: the SIDUS Marketplace, the Store, Reproduction Facility, and Space Shuttle Shipyard — to name a few.
● Up to now, SIDUS Heroes hosted 20 gaming guilds with a total of 16K members.
● SIDUS Heroes will be developing gradually with a comprehensive roadmap, set for several years until 2025. Currently, the project is in Phase 2 – Metaverse.
● At the time of writing, SIDUS Heroes has 339.3K followers on Twitter, 137K members on Discord, 7.04K members on Telegram, 26K followers on TikTok, and 30.1K subscribers on YouTube. The team responds quite quickly on both Discord and Telegram to questions and problems raised by the community.
SIDUS Heroes is the first ever WebGL, AAA-level, and futuristic, Play-to-Earn, NFT MMORPG based on blockchain philosophy. The game transports players to a world in which technological advancements have reached a level where they have merged with all living beings. The universe is inhabited by 12 tech-based races that represent different blockchains. Players advance through the game while trying out different roles, e.g. fighters, leaders of fighting legions, builders, farmers, political leaders, scientists, and space wanderers traveling through the universe.
SIDUS Heroes belongs to a new type of ‘pay-to-earn’ video game. This concept gives players ownership rights over all in-game items (such as NFTs) and incentivizes them to play and progress through the game. The game presents a player-driven economic system that’s based on a limited emission of resources. This gaming metaverse is coupled with DeFi products such as SIDUS Staking and SIDUS Starter.
SIDUS Heroes is a complex game where you need at least 1 NFT either from the GENESIS or ACADEMY Collection. Every Hero has unique characteristics, statistics, and performs different roles in the team, possessing certain ammunition, clothes, and talents.
At the moment, the game has one game mode - Battle Arena. Battles take the form of 3-vs-3, turn-based combat. One round consists of 6 turns. At the start of every battle, each Hero is given 1 Energy Point and the sequence of turns is determined by the Initiative of the competing Heroes.
All Heroes start the battle on the same line, with the possibility of a Boss appearing on the center line.
The turn time is 30 seconds, after which it’s the next Hero’s turn. If a Hero uses their skills during their turn, they gain 2 Energy Points after they complete their turn. If a Hero does not use their skills and instead pressed the "Skip Turn" button, that Hero gets 3 Energy Points. The round is over when every Hero has had a turn.
Heroes' actions require the use of Energy Points:
• Race-based Abilities - 1 Energy Point
• Weapon skills - 2 or more Energy Points
By winning battles, players accumulate points and rise in the ratings. At the end of the fighting season, the Heroes with the highest ratings are rewarded with loot boxes containing exclusive content that they can use to upgrade their Heroes or sell in the marketplace.
SIDUS Heroes is also building a political system with a Council, parties, and 28 councilors. Players can create a party, become ministers and presidents, and lobby for their interests. The Council decides on what technology to develop during its term, for instance, whether to colonize a neutral planet and equip the expedition or not. If voted on and the technology is mastered successfully and applied where it's needed before the of the Council's term, the Councilors will receive a share of the patent fees.
All in-game items (Heroes, pets, spaceships, weapons, etc.) are represented as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and remain in the player's possession. Only NFT holders have access to the metaverse, are able to fight in Arenas, can exercise power in the Council, can instigate level-ups and enjoy farming loot boxes with exclusive drops, while enjoying many other benefits.
The initial SIDUS: NFT Heroes collection consists of 6,000 unique characters that have different levels of rarity. Besides serving as an entrance ticket to the SIDUS metaverse, NFT Heroes from the Genesis Collection can be used for NFT staking and NFT wrapping. All Genesis Heroes can receive Polygons for winning in the Arenas. They also come with the following benefits:
The Academy Collection was created for the sole purpose of allowing users to enter the SIDUS gaming metaverse. Academy Collection NFTs can't be staked or used to access the same benefit that the Heroes from the Genesis Collection enjoy outside of the game. The release of SIDUS Academy was in January 2022.
SIDUS Academy NFTs are available for purchase and have 3 Rarity Levels - Common, Epic and Legendary. Depending on their Rarity, these characters come with different bonuses:
Replicants are a new Collection of Heroes, created in the image of the existing Heroes from the GENESIS and ACADEMY collections. Despite the fact that Replicants will not participate in battles, they will be fully-fledged members of your team, influencing your Collection Rarity, and your module investment limits.
Replicants will be involved in the module construction process via one of the following professions:
• Chemists, who will produce pills for further work. Chemists will produce 2 types of pills that are mandatory for builders and researchers to keep working.
• Researchers, who will explore new modules and earn Research Points.
• Builders, who will be in charge of the construction process. Builders will build modules from materials that were collected during the investment stage and earn Construction Points
Each Replicant can practice any profession. However, each race will have its own privilege.
Items give Heroes an advantage on the battlefield and help the player to come up with a good strategy for achieving victory.
• Weapons are assets that can be used by all Heroes, regardless of their race. Users can upgrade their weapons but they cannot use weapons that are classed as higher in level than their Hero’s Experience Level. The same applies to their Weapon Mastery Level.
• Armor is an important possession for any fighter as it is capable of protecting the Hero from a lethal strike. Each race has its own unique Armor that is only suitable for them. Armor will be added in future updates.
• Gadgets are limited edition items that intensify the owner's abilities. The first batch of in-game gadgets is only available via Dropboxes and will never again appear anywhere else in the game. The second installment of in-game gadgets will be released in the future.
• Pets are faithful helpers on the battlefield. Pets will be added in future updates.
Every additional feature comes in Modules. They diversify the gameplay and create possibilities for players by helping them to progress. To access the following features, players must build each of its Modules. There are two main types of items required for Module Construction —Resources and Tokens. Every module has its own unique set of requirements, each in its own specific amounts.
This is where players can purchase in-game items using $SENATE & $SIDUS tokens. Dropboxes will be the first item available to purchase. They will contain all the Resources needed to construct a module, a Toolbox for building a Space Shuttle, and an exclusive set of gadgets. Dropboxes are limited in number. For more people to be able to buy it, each player can buy a limited number of dropboxes per day.
Here, players will be able to sell their in-game items and purchase other players’ items. Trades will be conducted in $SENATE and $SIDUS tokens.
—Space Shuttle Shipyard
This module is where players use their Toolboxes to construct Space Shuttles. Once in possession of a Space Shuttle, players can discover and colonize other planets and mine their Resources. Space Shuttles are the backbone of SIDUS logistics. With their help, you will be able to visit the metaverse’s various space objects.
Players can use Genetic Stimulants to reproduce Heroes through Reproduction Facility. These Heroes can be sold on the secondary market. Immediately after opening the Reproduction Facility, players will be able to produce a new race of Heroes — Replicants. These Heroes will not be able to participate in battles, they will only be used for jobs, including construction, module research, resource extraction, etc. These Heroes will have different rarities, depending on what their contribution is to construction works. Users will be able to have as many Replicants as they can manage to create or buy.
This module enables players to rent out squadrons of Heroes to players who do not have Heroes.
Every month, SIDUS will start a special tournament for paid battles, where any player who pays some $SIDUS can participate. It is right to assume that for this price, you’ll be getting increased drops and exclusive prizes. But that's not the main thing — part of the profits from these paid battles will go to the one holding the most in-game $SIDUS at the time!
The Bank module allows you to operate the flow of deposited and withdrawn tokens in the game. For the deposit and withdrawal of tokens, a 2% fee will be charged.
Leaders of the Bank Investor Ratings will be awarded special Banking Licenses, enabling banking processes to exist on other planets. A total of 30 licenses (6 Legendary, 9 Epic, and 15 Common) will be distributed and no more will be issued in the next 3 years.
In this module, players can lock their $SIDUS, and get an extra $SIDUS. Not only that, each pool they choose comes with rewards that will come in handy. Players also can take part in the Staker Rating system and get even more prizes for activity. Rewards are provided every time player makes a stake and can be immediately used in the game, if applicable. A player will be able to see rewards in their Inventory, straight after making a stake.
Once in the module, players will see a list of all the Staking seasons, and the current season will open on the main screen.
Staking 3.0 has three Staking Boxes: Common, Epic, and Legendary.
SIDUS Heroes operates a two-token in-game economic system:
$SIDUS is the in-game token in which rewards are paid out and is the main currency used in the SIDUS Marketplace and other in-game services. $SIDUS will mainly be used for:
• Purchasing Heroes
• Purchasing Items
• Upgrading Heroes and Items
• Trading in the Store and using in other modules
• Investing in Module Construction
• …and more
$SENATE is the governance token and is mainly used to express political views and to influence the development of the metaverse. Voting power is proportionate to the number of tokens each user has. $SENATE will mainly be used for:
• Creating factions and participating in votes that determine how factions are managed.
• Taking part in votes regarding the game development process, the purchase of game items, etc.
• Purchasing Space Shuttles, modules for Space Stations, and land plots (which is not possible with the $SIDUS token).
• Investing in Module Construction.
SIDUS Heroes will be developing gradually with a comprehensive roadmap, set for several years until 2025. Currently, the project is in Phase 2 – Metaverse, starting from Q3 2022 to Q1 2024. Here is the roadmap for the remainder of 2022. For the full roadmap, please visit here (https://static.sidusheroes.com/prod/site/roadmap.pdf)
At the time of writing, SIDUS Heroes has 339.3K followers on Twitter, 137K members on Discord, 7.04K members on Telegram, 26K followers on TikTok, and 30.1K subscribers on YouTube. The team responds quite quickly on both Discord and Telegram to questions and problems raised by the community.
SIDUS Heroes has the typical Discord channel discussions around gameplay, notification about events, achievements and updates from the SIDUS project, guides, suggestions, reviews, staking, and price discussion. Members from non-English countries are also accepted and given their respective channels for an international chat. In addition, there are community channels for giveaways, chatting, sharing artwork, memes, and streaming.
Furthermore, SIDUS Heroes concentrates on interacting with the community, including hosting interviews, AMA, and other Discord events that are grouped into seasons. Each of them consisted of an activity rating system and individual events like a meme or an art contest. There are currently 2 seasons on Discord. Other than this, the team has routine updates about the changelog on the wiki and also publishes SIDUS Time Magazine to cover every update of the project.