Game Analysis: The Wasted Lands
17 Feb 2023
4 min read
● The Wasted Lands is a Puzzle Match-3 board mashed up with RPG elements and Post-Apocalypse themed. It is one of the first blockchain games to be listed on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. It is also available on PC as well.
● The Wasted Lands offer both Free-to-Play & Play-to-Earn gameplay. It is expected to have a big enough player base for the long-term development of the game.
● Players of The Wasted Lands can gain profit from minting NFTs and put them on auction, winning periodical tournaments, waging against each other in PvP, selling rewards, and earning resources on the marketplace.
● The Wasted Lands has periodic tournaments called Arena Season. The Wasted Lands' Arena Season 2 just ended last May with total rewards of 224K $WAL for the top 500 winners.
● The Wasted Land team is a group of senior game developers and artists with more than ten years of experience in the game industry and five of experience working on blockchain. Some of the members have taken part of production popular games, as follows: Summoners Era, Dungeon Hunter 5, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 9: Legends, Magic Tiles 3, Tiles Hop: EDM Rush!, and WWE Champions.
● In March 2022, The Wasted Lands's $WAL token sale has completely garnered a total of $3.1M. The sale was concluded with the backing from The Wasted-Verse’ dedicated players, and various major VCs in the industry, including OKX Blockdream Ventures, Genblock Capital, M6, Kernel Ventures, Sotatek, Waterdrip Capital, YGG SEA, Spark Digital Capital, Icetea Labs, Avocado DAO, X21, Basics Capital, Krypital Group, Infinite Launch, Maven Capital, Lavender Capital, MM Ventures, ZBS Capital, Cointelligence Fund, Everse Capital, Israeli Blockchain Association, Pluto Digital, AV Star Capital, Bitcoin Capital, GD10 Ventures, Magnus Capital, B21, Panda Capital, VB Ventures and other respected investors.
● Also in March 2022, The Wasted Lands introduce the Lemurian Angel Avatar Collection and released it on OpenSea. With a total max supply of 10,000 Lemurian Angel NFTS, this avatar collection will transform players into game characters, and allow them to explore the futuristic Wasted-verse.
● The Wasted Lands has built a solid community with 110.3K followers on Twitter, 44.6K members on Discord, 65.6K members on Telegram, and 3.2K subscribers on YouTube. The team responds quite quickly on both Discord and Telegram to questions and problems raised by the community.
The Wasted Lands is truly a Puzzle-RPG-Strategy game mashup. Players will immerse themselves in a world of adventure across the post-apocalyptic world and feel the irresistible attractiveness of the classic Match-3 board. The Wasted Lands have plans for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in November 2021 for purchasers of the NFTs can play a minimal version of the game and start earning profit. F2P players also have the opportunity to try free non-NFT warriors to have a demo match. Official Mobile & PC Game with PvE Campaign Mode and PvP Arena Mode will come live in March 2022 respectively.
The Wasted Lands is set in a post-apocalyptic world: in 2062 the world saw an outbreak of an unknown infection that destroyed almost all the human race, with only 3 tribes remaining: the Survivors, the Hybrid & the Ex-company. Players can choose 1 of 3 factions in the game and vote for their faction for more attractive rewards and game features.
Players of The Wasted Lands can gain profit from minting warriors NFTs and put them on auction or rent out to other players, winning periodical tournaments and events hosted by the game studio, waging against each other in PvP mode. Earn $WAS token through PvE mode, selling rewards & earning resources on the marketplace, and staking $WAL tokens or NFTs to earn fixed APR.
—PvP, a player will compete with other real players and earn tokens.
—PvE, a player gather their crew, take on an adventure, and discover the secret of the lore. Only players who own NFT warriors can access this mode.
—Mating, is the world’s first game that allows LGBT to have children. Mating easily with 2 heroes, regardless of their gender.
The Wasted Lands offers both Free-to-play & Free-to-earn gameplay, with the following mechanisms:
—Rank & Matchmaking: A comprehensive ranking system and matchmaking algorithm will ensure fairness to all players, premium or Free-to-play. Maintaining the competitiveness of every match.
—Regular tournaments & Competition. Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual events & tournaments will be hosted with great prizes and rewards for the community.
—Game Balancing. The Wasted Lands trusts the community with the creativity to balance the game themselves via Warrior Born features where two NFTs warriors can be used to create a new offspring with inherited traits. Any warriors which are deemed overpowered will soon be countered by other warriors created by this feature.
The Wasted Lands will support assets such as TWL warriors and TWL Artifacts.
TWL NFT warriors
o ERC721 standard
o can fusion & be born for the next hero generation
o can be sold/bought on the marketplace (except free warriors)
Every warrior in The Wasted Lands is unique. Unlike other NFT games, The Wasted Lands give out free non-NFT warriors for all players at the beginning of the game to let them join freely. These free warriors default to all players. Thanks to this, players can enjoy the game and gain tokens while playing. Besides, since these free warriors are not unique, players can only use them in PvE campaign mode. Also, all tokens earned from free hero will be locked and they can only convert this token into main NFTs when they collect a sufficient number.
TWL NFT resources: including artifacts, land, pets, skills, and special effect.
o ERC1155 standard
o rewarded from PvE and PvP
o generated by opening loot boxes or participating in quests
o can be sold/bought on our marketplace
In early March, The Wasted Lands introduce the Lemurian Angel Avatar Collection and released it on OpenSea. This avatar NFTs collection will transform players into game characters, and allow them to explore the futuristic Wasted-verse. With a total max supply of 10,000 Lemurian Angel NFTS, each Lemurian Angel NFT is unique as it is randomly generated from multiple traits such as Mouths, Eyes, Hair, Glasses, Weapon, Skin, Background, etc.
The Wasted Lands will eventually release various staking vaults allowing tokens stakes to earn multiple rewards. Players can stake their WAL tokens or LP tokens to passive income and earn game items. Players can also stake their NFTs to earn experiences. The higher experience for their NFTs, the higher win-rate in the game and the higher rewards.
Owners of NFTs can put their unused assets for rent to generate better income. Players who want to experience strong NFTs but cannot afford them may rent the NFTs for a period of time.
It is a system that allows them to have full control over scholars’ management. With Guildy, NFT assignments, scholar registration, performance tracking, and claim/distribute rewards would never be easier.
The Wasted Land team was founded in May 2021. They are a group of senior game developers and artists with more than ten years of experience in the game industry and five of experience working on blockchain. The team aims to establish The Wasted Land as a leader in this revolutionary gaming space
The Wasted Lands has made a good start with valued partners to join and support them in the journey ahead, including VCs, Game Guilds, and influencers.
At the time of writing, The Wasted Lands has 110.3K followers on Twitter, 44.6K members on Discord, 65.6K members on Telegram, and 3.2K subscribers on YouTube. The team responds quite quickly on both Discord and Telegram to questions and problems raised by the community.
Besides the typical Discord channel discussions around gameplay, feedback, and strategies, there are also fun channels for memes, quizzes, minigames, and brainstorming ideas. Members from non-English countries are also accepted and given their respective channels for an international chat.
The Wasted Lands has organized many activities to attract users and engage their community, from airdrops campaigns to contests with exclusive rewards. Other than this, the team has regular updates about the gameplay and in-game development on social networks, so that users can track the progress of the project at each stage of the roadmap.
| Website | Telegram | Discord | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook |